Ok, so here is the deal. Disneyland is offering special deals to their Annual Passholders, which you may read about here.
Their latest deal is “a salute to the Frontierland stage show that opened with the park in 1955 and ran into the ’80s. It is selling dinner shows to annual pass-holders for $35. The package includes ham or roast beef sandwiches, like in the old days when the Golden Horseshoe saloon had table service, plus a souvenir cup filled with Fritos. (Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante near the saloon was once the site of Casa de Fritos.),” according to the Press Enterprise.
Wow. $35 for a sandwich and a cup of Fritos? And some sort of stage show? Good grief! How is that a special offer? Here are the details courtesy of Disney:
Inspired by the world-famous Frontierland show that Walt Disney himself began in 1955, A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue features a variety of songs and dance numbers from past productions and is an homage to fun-filled, family friendly musical entertainment.
This show enjoys a brief run at the Disneyland Park.
Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic
Annual Passholders have additional and exciting Limited Time Magic opportunities. And here’s the first: the Golden Horseshoe Dinner Show for Annual Passholders.
Dinner Show Details
The evening performance (on select days) will be exclusively for Annual Passholders — and will feature special dishes inspired by the original show’s menu.
Plus, at this event, Annual Passholders will receive a commemorative musical keepsake and souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug.
Event Schedule for Annual Passholders
- January 10 through February 4, 2013
- Thursdays through Mondays
- 6:30 p.m. is the special Passholder performance
- $35 per Passholder (ages 3 and older) per show
- Separate Theme Park admission required
- Includes tax
Book Dining Package
- Please call (714) 781-PASS (7277)
- Space is limited!
- Once a dining package is purchased, the purchasing Annual Passholder will receive a confirmation email
- Please print and bring your confirmation email to the Disneyland Park check-in location as identified in the email; With a valid confirmation email, each Passholder on the reservation will receive an event wristband upon presentation of their valid Passports
- Separate theme park admission required.
- For admission to the show, each Annual Passholder must have a valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passport and event wristband. Valid photo ID may be required.
- If needed, please also present a Blockout Day Ticket or valid ticket media. Blockout Day Tickets can be purchased at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance on the day of the event.
- The Passholder performance of the Golden Horseshoe Revue will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Guests will not be allowed entry to the show after 6:30 p.m. and show tickets will be forfeited.
- Once a dining package is purchased, the purchasing Annual Passholder will receive a confirmation email.
- Please print and bring this confirmation email to the Disneyland Park check-in location as identified in the email. With a valid confirmation email, each Passholder on the reservation (ages 3 and older) will receive an event wristband upon presentation of their valid Passports.
- The Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland Park
- Starter: Corn chips in a souvenir Golden Horseshoe boot mug
- Entrees: Black forest ham and roast beef sandwiches
- Sides: Golden raisin and carrot salad, Yukon golden potato salad, Very Berry fruit salad
- Children’s Menu (available upon request): 2 PB&J sandwiches with sides
- Vegetarian Option (available upon request): Vegetable and cheese sandwiches with sides
- Beverages: Mint Julep, water, coffee
- Dessert: Walt & Lilly’s 30th Anniversary Celebration Cake
Limited Time Magic
Limited Time Magic will bring fanciful experiences, big and small, to Guests at the Disneyland Resort throughout 2013. Each experience will appear briefly and then… disappear.
Learn about more Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic throughout the year.
- Limit eight (8) Annual Passholders per dining package reservation (ages 3 and older), per show.
- Separate dinner and commemorative gift will not be provided to Guests under the age of 3.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old to call and book a dining package.
- Dining package purchases are nonrefundable. Reservations may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and are only valid for admission to the show date and time specified in the associated confirmation email.
- Information and shows are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
- Menu items subject to change without notice.