Disneyland is launching their annual New Orleans Bayou Bash again, starting on January 18. I was in New Orleans over seven years ago, when the city was wrecked by Hurricanes Rita and Katrina. The first part of the city to reopen for business was Bourbon Street – and while the real French Quarter was nothing like the one at Disneyland, I got to see the inspiration for Disney’s French Quarter. Now you can have fun and celebrate the spirit of New Orleans at Disneyland, again…
From: the Disney Parks Blog:
It’s almost time to let the good times roll at Disneyland park with the return of New Orleans Bayou Bash! – this year, part of “Limited Time Magic” here at the Disneyland Resort. New Orleans Square will be decked out for a party, and so will some of your favorite Disney friends! New Orleans Bayou Bash! will come alive in New Orleans Square from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on the following dates:
- January 18-21
- January 25-27
- February 1-3
- February 8-12
Here’s a look at what is in store:
- Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration – Princess Tiana, Louis and Prince Naveen make their way through New Orleans Square to the Rivers of America, where a musical celebration takes place featuring tunes from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog.”
- Jambalaya Jazz Band – The popular band will perform their jazzy tunes along the streets of New Orleans Square.
- Royal Street Bachelors – This Disneyland favorite will be found at the French Market Stage, and will be joined throughout the day by Princess Tiana.
- New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band – Throughout the day, a rousing Mardi Gras procession will burst onto the streets of New Orleans Square. In traditional “second line” style, an umbrella dancer leads the mash-up of colorful performers and musicians.
- Character Greetings at Court of Angels – Princess Tiana will be greeting Disneyland park guests along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their Mardi Gras finest.