Can you believe it? Valentine’s Day is coming this week and Disneyland is launching their True Love Week just in time, from February 11 – 17.
My son and I visited Disneyland today and saw all the True Love Week decorations. We also happened across Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter as they got kids to participate in a game of musical chairs, over by the Carnation ice cream parlor. Alice said the Mad Hatter was her Valentine!
Here are the True Love Week details courtesy of Disneyland News:
ANAHEIM, Ca., Jan. 28, 2012 – Love is in the air at Disneyland Resort as fairy tale princesses find true love with their princes, and “happily ever after” becomes a reality. It all happens during True Love Week February 11-17, 2013 at Disneyland Resort.
The weeklong love fest is part of “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks, where each week in 2013 guests will be treated to a sprinkling of Disney magic, with fun and surprises that enhance their vacation memories.
During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resort — from special entertainment and limited-edition Valentine’s merchandise to candlelit dinners for two and new, themed photo locations offering encounters with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn Disneyland Park, making it an ideal place to celebrate Valentine’s week.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of red and pink will bathe Sleeping Beauty Castle, with projections of flowers and hearts.
- Floral Heart: A giant floral heart makes a sweet setting for a Valentine photo, in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland.
- Valentine Wishes: Flowers, garlands and decorative doves will create a second ideal location around Snow White Wishing Well near Sleeping Beauty Castle. At night, magical lighting adds a romantic touch to the wishing well and Snow White Grotto.
- Disneyland Sweethearts: Also near Town Square, guests will find a photo location with resident Disneyland sweethearts – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck.
- Dinners for Two: Romantic dinners for two with prix fixe menus will be offered at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Blue Bayou and Café Orleans in Disneyland, Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel or Napa Rose in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel make ideal choices for a romantic evening. To book call 714-781-DINE (714-781-3463).
- Cupcake Lovers: Chefs have prepared a specially themed Valentine’s dessert: a chocolate cupcake with raspberry mousse filling and dark chocolate mousse frosting. It will be available at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café and Pacific Wharf Café in Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Hotel Coffee House.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plush, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations will be available at select merchandise locations.
- Ears for your Sweetheart: The classic Disneyland ear hat gets a total glitz makeover just in time for the most romantic time of the year. It will dazzle your Valentine and become the most sophisticated pair of ears in your collection.
- Royal Romance: Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to get photos of Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses along The Royal Walk in Fantasyland. In New Orleans Square, guests will find another pair of sweethearts, Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
- In Search of True Love: Guests may also encounter the Wandering Wallflowers, in search of “true love.”