Disneyland has some fun Limited Time Magic surprises planned for the next few months, including “Pirate Week” and “Unleash the Villains.” Here is their official press release about these events:
Guests will find an extra sprinkling of pixie dust each week when they visit Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts in 2013.
While it is already a momentous year for Disney Parks – with the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a reimagined Disney California Adventure at Disneyland Resort – Disney parks are adding to the excitement with Limited Time Magic: 52 weeks of magical experiences big and small that appear, then disappear as the next special surprise debuts.
Imagine an Independence Day celebration – only it lasts an entire week….Main Street mainstays the Dapper Dans rocking out with boy band hits in barbershop style….a Friday the 13th dance party with Disney villains that lasts to the 13th hour….a Valentine’s Day in 2013 that became Valentine’s Week with Disney castles blushing pink, surprise meet-and-greets with Disney princes and princesses, and candlelit dinners for couples in love.
These and many more special experiences to surprise and delight Disney Parks guests will roll out each week in 2013. Unique, magical, memory-filled – and each for a limited time only.
Disney officials noted that Limited Time Magic was inspired by the reality that many of life’s most cherished memories are made during those special, but fleeting moments when families spend time together with shared experiences.
Here’s a sampling of Limited Time Magic in store for guests in 2013 — for a limited time only:
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands (Feb. 25-March 3): Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. Disney guests will even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see. The Disney Parks Blog will announce the date for this event at Disneyland Resort.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.
- True Love: Guests celebrated romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week (Feb. 11-17) with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disneyland Park turned up the romance, complete with the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle bathed in hues of red and pink.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returned to Disneyland for a one-month in early 2013, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
Disney dream makers are crafting more surprises and magical offers that will be rolled out weekly during the magical year. The experience of the week will be announced in a variety of ways including in-park, Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com, Facebook, Twitter, the Disney Parks Blog – adding to the element of surprise.
For more information about Limited Time Magic, guests may visit www.disneyparks.com.