Aulani, in Hawaii, is “A Disney Resort & Spa is a family paradise with a touch of magic—where everyone can enjoy amazing adventures, both together and on their own,” according to Disney’s resort website.
The Aulani ressort is supposed to be “a Hawaiʻi Resort that celebrates Hawaiian culture, history and traditions.” And their service is supposed to be “first-rate” and “impeccable.”
- At check-in, it took a clerk, 2 managers & 15 minutes to figure out what I was telling them is true.They were trying to charge me $500 more than what I was confirmed. Finally, we get to the room, I open the sofa bed & it was filled with cookie crumbs & a needle
- nice pool and jaccuzi albeit overcrowded as they overbuilt time share component that shares hotel grounds. They currently are under construction To increase pool size space. Would avoid if you want to sleep after 7am. They’re not allowed to do noisy work before 8am yet that didnt stop property from violating its own and possibly local rules
- We are here in Aulani with three kids, ages 10, 7 and 2. There has been a sewage spill at stone resort so no beach access, the hotel is horribly overcrowded. No room in the pool, impossible to get a beach chair, lines for everything and a long wait for the child care. Not worth the money.
- The hotel WAS great until Memorial Day ended and the construction resumed. The jack hammers never stop from 9 to 4. Plus they have been scraping the pool deck with a gas powered concrete etcher that is insanely loud. Like vacationing in a construction site. Very stressful and disappointing. Staff could care less when you complain.
- My mother in law fell two times in a five minute period near the pool area the first full day we were at the resort. She sprained her knee which left her in a wheel chair for the entire trip and she broke her wrist in two places and may now need to get pins put into her arm. The material used on the ground is a very slippery stone in an area that is intended for swimmers, hence they know it is going to be consistently wet – why would they do that?
- I thought the.sheraton waikiki was bad but aulani is worse. Its new and rooms are clean but if u are looking for first class service its not here. The worst part was we had a couple pool chairs we put our goods on, and we decided to check in kids in the kids club and take a look at the beach area, when we came back 45 minutes later our stuff was gone.
- We just ate at the family restaurant at the aulani Disney resort on Oahu. What a stunningly bad meal. The food was terrible, as if out of a frozen box. They pushed our 12 year olds into ordering the Buffett for $46 each. We ordered off the menu and our food was equally inedible. The service was terrible as well.
- Under Staffed , Food selection was awfull , Over priced for what you get , And most of all nothing to do. My family of 10 went for 6 days and after 3 we all were over it. Yes even the 4 kids. Food was average and over priced. The staff was very nice but try finding a place by the pool for 10 people. GOOD LUCK. 3 differnt menues for 6 days gets old. The breakfast with the characters is a parade and a pic. Every single staff member said ” WE NEED MORE PEOPLE.”
- Terrible…… nice Hotel but really expensive and not worth the money. Only a few characters on site (Mickey,Minnie, Goofy, and a couple I didn’t know what or who they were). When we were there unfortunately there was a main line water sewer break so beach was closed and so were some of the water park pools. Disney did nothing what so ever to accommodate us.
- I am a disabled veteran that book my trip months in advance to make sure I get the type of room I would need, ground level, due to bad knees and back. I had a good friend book the trip under the family and friends employee discount. I even called the front desk to make sure that they understood my request and reservation. They told me over the phone that everything is taken care and not to worry. Well here I am and they gave my room away and they told me that they upgraded me to an ocean view. That don’t help my knees and back on the 11th floor. I was to be in a pool side villa so I could enjoy the pool with my children and now I have been sitting in the room most of the time. I asked for my original reserved room and they told me, let me quote “Sir I see that you book through the family/friend’s option and that they cannot or they didn’t have my room for me” That made me feel like they were not going to help me since I book through a friend. Now my $7000 vacation pretty much is down the tubes.
- Parking blows! If you’re not a guest here and just want to check out the resort keep in mind that parking cost 10$ an hour. So we had to rush looking around. The resort looks awesome though. Mickey, Minnie, and goofy were by the pool ready to take pics, but only for “hotel guests”. Lame! Good thing we live in OC where we can go to disey anytime we want. Maybe this place is good for kids. Not for adults though you’re better off staying in Waikiki.
- hotel is nice beautiful kids friendly but the doorman is so terrible!! we spent $400 per night stay here but the doorman is so rule they want you to park the place they want you to park(lobby), if you don’t follow that direction they will come to your car yelling to you. that’s how Disney Aulani treat your customer??
the manager should fire this guy, that same guy did that to us twice. he just made Disney Aulani one star because his poor service.
Sad that Disney is so greedy that they are ripping folks off with this half-hearted resort.